Sunday, May 25, 2014

My Awesome Buffy Fitness Quest

For a very long time I have been a super duber uber fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. For about as long I have been trying to get more in shape, trying to lose weight, and have only ever experienced mild success. 

Recently I found this: Nerd Fitness. I have read an absurd number of Steve's posts and am now addicted to the Nerd Fitness forum, but this particular post on determining your "profession" in regards to your personal, real-life fitness game really got me thinking. What profession did I want? The answer was clear: SLAYER! And after that developing a fitness plan became way more fun than it ever has been. 

This is the first level I set up for myself: 


After completing each task for the level I replaced it with a fun quote from the episode. Here's what the final level looked like: 


I am loving this game and look forward to certain episodes so that I can write some of my favorite quotes out. Silly? Yes. Effective? Also, YES! 

Tomorrow is #MotivationMonday and in a wonderful stroke of serendipity I will be starting Level 2. Here's a look at what that will be: 


The most important thing I have learned from Nerd Fitness is that no matter what, there IS a way to make fitness fun for you; you just have to find it and sometimes that means finding a group of people that speak the same language as you.  (Maybe not the same dialect, but the same language. I'm not into a lot of what the other nerds on Nerd Fitness are, but there's enough common ground for me to GET IT.) 

Have you found your fitness language yet? 





No comments:

Post a Comment