Thursday, July 3, 2014

My James 4:17 List

Well, I was determined to keep up with this blogging thing and I have NOT been following through on that. 

This brings me to a self examination moment. A question about myself that I prefer to ignore most of the time. 

WHY DO I SLACK? WHY DO I PROCRASTINATE? 

Why do I put off things that I WANT in favor of completely useless things? Why do I read internet news stories about things I could not care less about instead of blogging? This is not a new issue. This is something I have done for as long as I can remember and I have NO clue why I behave this way. 

I may need to have James 4:17 tattooed on my hands. It reads, "Anyone who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins."  I know the good I ought to do, and yet I frequently fail to do so. 

Thus, for your viewing pleasure, I present my James 4:17 List! 
The good I ought to do: 
1. Use the gift of language the Lord has given me to His glory. 
2. Treat my body in the manner befitting that which belongs to the ruler of the universe. 
3. Read more things that broaden and strengthen my mind; read less internet banality. 

I like this idea of a James 4:17 list over a traditional To Do list as it keeps the purpose of doing these things in focus. I'm tempted to make some James 4:17 stationary sheets to write daily Good I Ought To Do lists on.  

1 comment:

  1. Tara you are so right. Every day the time slips away while I putter around accomplishing nothing of importance. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete